Discussion 1

Discussion 1

by Erik Contreras -
Number of replies: 1
  1. Describe your interests and expertise in the nursing field, along with your chosen specialization.
    1. I have inpatient and outpatient experience. Currently I work at UCSD's Gastroenterology Department. I decided to pursue FNP because I have always enjoyed patient education and disease prevention. I would love to work in Family Practice. However, I am interested in Weight Management, particularly within pediatrics.
  2. Choose the age range that you are most interested in researching throughout the course. Post your first and second choice for age range, or indicate if you are open to any age range. The age ranges are listed below:
    • 1. Birth–12 years.
    • 2. 18–65 years.
  3. Choose the disease process, clinical problem or condition that you are most interested in focusing on for this course, and post it in this discussion.
    1. I am interested in childhood obesity, prevention through child and parent education. There are various disease process that are sequelae of obesity both physiological and psychological 

158 words

In reply to Erik Contreras

Re: Discussion 1

by Linnea Axman -

Dear Erik:

You may work on childhood obesity for your case study presentation. Remember to use Integrative Methods and what the definition of integrative healthcare means. In your follow-on discussions, please post using APA format (e.g., complete sentences and paragraphs).

Thank you

Dr. Axman

45 words