Discussion One

Discussion One

by Robert Vaughan -
Number of replies: 2

Describe your interests and expertise in the nursing field, along with your chosen specialization.

I have been a cardiovascular/stroke nurse for 6.5 years. My expertise is in CABG, MI, CVA, TAVR, CHF, PE, pacemakers, ablations, arrythmia recognition and management, and both femoral and radial access cardiac cath. My interest is in non-MI causes of chest pain. My chosen specialization is still undecided. While I love cardiology, and consider that I want to continue in that area, I like the idea of branching out into other areas of study. I like that family practice makes you a jack-of-all-trades and so I am considering family/urgent care.

Choose the age range that you are most interested in researching throughout the course. Post your first and second choice for age range, or indicate if you are open to any age range.

I am interested in researching any age range, although getting out of my comfort zone and exploring the pediatric population sounds appealing.

Choose the disease process, clinical problem or condition that you are most interested in focusing on for this course, and post it in this discussion. 

The disease process that I am most interested in for this course is Rheumatoid Arthritis. Not only is rheumatology an intriguing, mysterious area of study, it is also something that can effect both adults and teens and is a focus of integrative healthcare.

229 words

In reply to Robert Vaughan

Re: Discussion One

by Pushpa Sengupta -

Hi Robert,

I am interested to see your findings on Rheumatoid arthritis. I would like to know what CAM therapies would be helpful for these patients. Recently one of my friends daughter got diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and she is in her 20's.

Keep us posted.

Thank you.

48 words

In reply to Pushpa Sengupta

Re: Discussion One

by Jazel Ruivivar -

Hi Robert, just following up in your project. I'm very interested in learning about Rheumatoid Arthritis as this is the most common auto immune disease that is seen in primary care. Were wondering how we can treat this using integrative health. 

thanks!

Jazel :)

43 words