Discussion 1

Discussion 1

by Christine Lo -
Number of replies: 4
    1. Describe your interests and expertise in the nursing field, along with your chosen specialization.
    2. My expertise is in adult acute care, however, I am interested in underserved populations such as lgbt.  
    3. Choose the age range that you are most interested in researching throughout the course. Post your first and second choice for age range, or indicate if you are open to any age range. The age ranges are listed below 
    • 18–65 years would be my FIRST choice.
    • 12–18 years would be my second choice.
  1. Choose the disease process, clinical problem or condition that you are most interested in focusing on for this course, and post it in this discussion. 
    1. The clinical problem of providing preventive care and education to the lgbt population would be a subject I would be interested in doing further research on.

137 words

In reply to Christine Lo

Re: Discussion 1

by Linnea Axman -

Dear Christine:

I understand that you will present a patient with thyroid disease, specifically sub clinical hypothyroidism. You may prepare your presentation as a presentation to a LGBTQ population if you would like. 

Thank you

Dr. Axman

37 words

In reply to Christine Lo

by Robert Vaughan -

It's awesome that you want to work with the LGBTQ population. My experience working in the HIV clinic at the VA taught me so much about how to practice in a manner that is sensitive to their needs and understanding of their unique challenges. Id be curious to know if there is any research around HIV meds and thyroid disorders. 

60 words

In reply to Christine Lo

by Erik Contreras -
Great population to work with. There is definitely a lot of care that they might be missing due to the lack of research or expertise to work with this population.

30 words

In reply to Christine Lo

by Erik Contreras -
Great population to work with. There is definitely a lot of care that they might be missing due to the lack of research or expertise to work with this population.

30 words