Preventing Prostate Problems

Preventing Prostate Problems

by Dominic Lomibao -
Number of replies: 1

Integrative approach to prevent prostate problem empowers patients to take control of their prostate issues with solutions that also support overall health.  Prostate issues, such as benign prostate hyperplasia and prostatitis, are one of the biggest concerns in men’s health today.  They can affect quality of life due to pain and discomfort.  More and more men are dying from prostate cancer.  Integrative approach can alleviate this problem.  Lifestyle modification, such as diet and exercise can decrease the risk of prostate issues.  Diet high in fats, sugars and processed foods increase the risk of prostate issues because they promote inflammation.  Eliminating these ingredients and incorporating lean and plant-based proteins, whole grains, and organic fruits and vegetables can prevent prostate problems. Stress can also increase the risk of prostate problems.  Yoga, Tai Chi, and meditation can alleviate stress and improve immunity and reduce inflammation. Incorporating supplements, such as vitamin D and saw palmetto can also prevent prostate problems. 

(Eliaz, 2017)

Reference

Eliaz, I. (2017). Just for men. Better Nutrition, 79(6), 41–44. Retrieved from http://ezproxy.csusm.edu/login?

url=https://search.ebscohost.com/login.aspx?direct=true&db=ccm&AN=122983283&site=ehost-live

193 words

In reply to Dominic Lomibao

Re: Preventing Prostate Problems

by Kathyrn Libby -

Dominic, 

I searched for a research article that supports the supplement Saw Palmetto and could not find a research article that reported this supplement really made a difference in the outcome of PSA levels. I think it is important to provide information to men about prostate health and the signs and symptoms of BPH. 

I do feel supplements can support the body, but there is not a supplement that will keep you from getting BPH. Good health maintenance and regular doctors visits are key.

Jill

85 words