Colorectal cancer

Colorectal cancer

by Dominic Lomibao -
Number of replies: 1

Initially, I wanted to do my presentation on hospice care for a patient with end stage colorectal cancer.  I thought it through many times but I feel that preventing it is much more important. If knew what I know now, I could have probably made a difference in someone's life, but it is never too late to help someone else. 

In reply to Dominic Lomibao

Re: Colorectal cancer

by Phoebe France Cinco -

Identify the strengths of the work. Then identify the area or areas that would benefit from expansion or clarification.

-        The strength of the work are the list of risk factors, sign, and symptoms. Also, the percentage of possible reduction of colorectal cancer along with the integrative therapy. The areas that needs to be clarified are the pathophysiological process of the listed CAMs in decreasing colorectal cancer.

Comment on how well the writer synthesizes the current research for pathological changes on the selected disease process. Is the researched weaved together?

-        The author was able to weave in lifestyle changes and integrative therapy in prevention of colorectal cancer. Also, the author was able to include the current guidelines for the colorectal screening with the plan of care.

Comment on your peer's recommendations for integrative healthcare interventions. Are they evidence-based? Are they ethical?

-        The recommendations for the integrative intervention was ethical and practical. Mainly, the author listed lifestyle changes such as diet and exercise. Also, the supplements of garlic, omega 3 fatty acids, and vitamins could be found in food. If the patient does not feel comfortable taking the supplements, then the patient can obtain the recommended supplements in foods.

Comment on how concise the treatment plan is. Are there areas where information could be clarified?

Avoid focusing your comments on issues of grammar and copyediting, though if the work needs help in these areas, you can certainly mention it. The bulk of your feedback should focus on how well the draft achieves the assignment's objectives/instructions.

-        The entire presentation of the author was simple, straight to the point, and the message was conveyed clearly. The author did not deviate from the topic. The author achieved the objective and instructions of the assignment.

Phoebe Cinco