Review of Obesity in Childhood by Erik Contreras

Review of Obesity in Childhood by Erik Contreras

by Patricia Estrada -
Number of replies: 0

Hi Erik,

I appreciate your work on obesity in childhood. Thanks for sharing your research.

• Identify the strengths of the work. Then identify the area or areas that would benefit from expansion or clarification.

Your presentation was organized and easy to read and understand. I also like that you put your references in each comment section instead of just at the end; I think it adds to the trustworthiness of the recommendations.

I would be interested in seeing more about the research behind each integrative therapy. Maybe expand these slides using some of the responses you used in the discussion boards earlier in the semester.

• Comment on how well the writer synthesizes the current research for pathological changes on the selected disease process. Is the researched weaved together?

Your slide on pathological changes was concise and up to date. I specifically appreciated your assessment slide pertaining to complications that may place the patient at increased risk. The research about the disease itself was well done, it was easy to follow and summarized the process well.

• Comment on your peer's recommendations for integrative healthcare interventions. Are they evidence-based? Are they ethical?

I definitely appreciated your recommendation slide “Return to the Patient” where you expanded on the future recommendations. I would consider adding an additional slide with your notes from this page to bring them to the forefront, especially the research on yoga. The notes you added are great information and I think they should get a more prominent placement. I know it’s hard to find good research on integrative therapy in children due to ethical considerations, but I think you found a few good case studies and articles on yoga where one of the effects was weight reduction. You also talked about vitamin D in one of your discussions, was that something you could include here?

• Comment on how concise the treatment plan is. Are there areas where information could be clarified?

The treatment plan was very concise and easy to understand. It was simple and informative. I think the slide could have been expanded with the information from the discussions and notes section just because I thought that information was interesting.

Thank you for your presentation. It’s an important topic.

Thanks!

Patti 

372 words