discussion #1

discussion #1

by Jazel Ruivivar -
Number of replies: 6
  1. Describe your interests and expertise in the nursing field, along with your chosen specialization.
    1. interested and expertise in acute care setting such as urgent care. i would love to work in ED, but never gotten a chance to. acute care or primary care would be my chosen specialization given my RN experience of working in outpatient clinics and urgent care
  2. Choose the age range that you are most interested in researching throughout the course. Post your first and second choice for age range, or indicate if you are open to any age range. The age ranges are listed below:
    • Birth–12 years. 2nd choice
    • 12–18 years. 3rd choice
    • 18–65 years. 1st choice
    • Over 65 years. 4th choice
  3. Choose the disease process, clinical problem or condition that you are most interested in focusing on for this course, and post it in this discussion. 
    1. i am interested in acute symptoms and diagnosing then treating them. common acute symptoms such as URI, UTI, pain, injury, trauma, headaches, back/joint pains. i am interested in knowing how to properly diagnose them and providing appropriate treatments are curing it, not just masking it. i would also love to learn home remedies they can easily afford, considering expensive medications and therapies. 

207 words

In reply to Jazel Ruivivar

Re: discussion #1

by Phoebe France Cinco -

Hi Jazel,

I too am interested in the ER setting. In this department, a clinician can treat all disease processes and all ages. I also picked the ER because there is always something new to learn. I also had a family practice experience as a nurse, but with my personality, I fit best in a fast pace setting.

Phoebe

59 words

In reply to Phoebe France Cinco

by Phoebe France Cinco -

Hi Jazel,

I too am interested in the ER setting. In this department, a clinician can treat all disease processes and all ages. I also picked the ER because there is always something new to learn. I also had a family practice experience as a nurse, but with my personality, I fit best in a fast pace setting.

Phoebe

59 words

by Linnea Axman -

Dear Jazel:

In our face-to-face class, you talked about presenting a case using herbal supplements with a Hispanic client/patient. Please let me know what illness or chronic disease process and age group you would like to focus on; please do as soon as possible.

Thank you!

Dr. Axman

49 words

In reply to Linnea Axman

by Jazel Ruivivar -

Good morning,

I would like to focus on liver damage such as elevated liver enzymes of fatty liver disease as my illness or chronic disease

as for age group, I would like to focus on Hispanic patients 50 years or older

specific details may change, depending on my research, but I believe that this would be pretty close to it

thank you!

Jazel

63 words

by Linnea Axman -

That's great!

Thank you

Dr. A.

6 words

In reply to Linnea Axman

by Jazel Ruivivar -

Hello Dr. Axman

im wondering if i can change my topic again. as i was doing the discussions and research, there are not a lot of research articles about elevated liver enzymes, so its been a little difficult. im wondering if i can change it to something more generic, like generalized anxiety for adults ages 18-65. i learned that there are different integrative health therapies such as yoga, essential oils, reiki, naturopathy, and others that i am continuing to learn about. i would like to proceed with generalized anxiety for adults 18-65 if thats ok. thank you!

Jazel

98 words