Review of case presentation on pressure ulcer-By Rakhi

Review of case presentation on pressure ulcer-By Rakhi

by Pushpa Sengupta -
Number of replies: 0

·       Identify the strengths of the work. Then identify the area or areas that would benefit from expansion or clarification.

Your presentation was organized and easy to read 28 font and to understand. I liked the way you explained the Iyengar yoga in your notes section. How about other than honey like hyperbaric oxygen therapy was it even discussed with the patient? Just a suggestion if you want to change the writing color to white would be easy on eyes.

·       Comment on how well the writer synthesizes the current research for pathological changes on the selected disease process. Is the researched weaved together?

I liked the slide on description of wound thoroughly and then the different stages of wound was shown and the risk factors associated with it to give a clear-cut picture of the pathological changes which occurred in this patient. You also mentioned that honey was used for wound healing and that was incorporated in your plan. If you could add the citation of research study for usage of honey would add a feather to your cap. Great work Rakhi!

·       Comment on your peer's recommendations for integrative healthcare interventions. Are they evidence-based? Are they ethical?

I appreciate your research on honey usage in wound healing, but I don’t know how many people would accept that option being unaware of its usage. I am sure it is researched a lot as it is one of the oldest natural remedy for wound healing and has been used since 50 A.D. by Greek physicians. As mentioned above if you could add hyperbaric oxygen therapy in your future-plan slide would be a great option, I guess.

·       Comment on how concise the treatment plan is. Are there areas where information could be clarified?

The treatment plan was very concise and easy to understand. It was simple and informative. Management of incontinence was mentioned; indeed, it is good option to remove the source worsening or causing the problem. Was anything else done to prevent pressure injury to other prone areas other than positioning of patient q 2 hours?

Thank you for your presentation. It’s a topic of great importance especially for all the bedridden patients to prevent complications and management of the wounds to give them an optimal quality of life.

Thank you.

Pushpa

380 words