Review of case presentation on Diabetes Mellitus Type II by - Pushpa

Review of case presentation on Diabetes Mellitus Type II by - Pushpa

by Rakhi Sharma -
Number of replies: 0

Identify the strengths of the work. Then identify the area or areas that would benefit from expansion or clarification

Pushpa, your presentation was organized and very easy to read. I liked the way you used pictures to describe the sign and symptoms and epidemiology of Type 2 Diabetes.  I also liked the graph on   Epidemiology: Racial and Ethnic Differences/Cost. The only thing if fell that will benefit your presentation is if you can add some notes in the notes section for example like under the Pathophysiology picture slides, so that the readers can understand that process better.

Comment on how well the writer synthesizes the current research for pathological changes on the selected disease process. Is the researched weaved together?

I like that you smoothly weaved in lifestyle changes and integrative therapy in management of Type 2 Diabetes. Also, you include the current statistics and current medication guidelines for type two diabetes.

Comment on your peer's recommendations for integrative healthcare interventions. Are they evidence-based? Are they ethical?

The recommendations for the integrative intervention was ethical and practical.  The lifestyle changes you listed such as diet, exercise and smoking cessation is practical, and many patients benefit from it.  Also, I like your recommendations on the Ayurvedic/TCM herbs like fenugreek, cinnamon, milk thistle, Momordica, charantia, Touchi, have shown to lower glucose levels. If you could please add the citation of research study for their usage that will be great.

Comment on how concise the treatment plan is. Are there areas where information could be clarified?

Pushpa, your entire presentation was simple, straight to the point, and the message was conveyed clearly. You have really achieved the objective and instructions of the assignment. I believe that your presentation can be used to teach Type two Diabetes and its management. Greta job!

Thank you for all the great work and good research. 

-Rakhi

311 words